Transition your Wardrobe from Summer to Fall with a Custom-Built Closet and Style Staples
Fall has arrived, and we’re enjoying sipping on our pumpkin spice lattes and watching leaves turn from green to shades of gold and red. As you say farewell to summer and hello to autumn, it’s time to start thinking about how to transition your wardrobe between the two seasons.
There are two things you need to successfully switch your wardrobe from summer to fall: an organized closet that fits all your needs and a few key pieces of clothing to create a timeless style foundation.
Optimize your Space with a Custom-Built Closet
Organization is the key to an accessible and inspiring closet year-round. First, you need to be able to find what you are looking for. And second, you need to feel inspired. Picking out your outfit for the day should not be stressful – it should be easy and fun! It all starts with your closet.
But for many of us, organizing the closet can be a chore. There’s not enough hanging space, not enough shelving, nowhere to store accessories, or just no way to stay organized in general. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s time to call in the professionals to create a custom-built closet that fits your individual needs.
To optimize your space, your personal closet designers will plan, construct, and install a custom closet that can:
- Add additional hanging space to allow more room for shirts, jackets, and other items that don’t require ceiling-to-floor length
- Add shelving for shoes so you’ll always find a match
- Organize your accessories, like belts, ties and jewelry, so they are easily accessible
- Increase storage space for seasonal items
Beyond the basics, custom closets become a luxury with added lighting to brighten up the space and create a relaxing ambiance, built-in hampers to keep your dirty laundry in check, and full-length mirrors to turn your closet into your own personal dressing room.
Once your custom closet is created and you begin to fill it with your existing clothing, you will be ready to take the next step to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall (or between any two seasons, for that matter).
Build a Foundation with Style Staples
After you have an organized space, transitioning your wardrobe between seasons boils down to one thing: style staples. Your wardrobe should include style staples you can wear all year, as well as a few important transitional items.
For women, these staples include:
- A comfortable, well-fitting pair of dark-wash jeans
- Classic black trousers that can be worn with sandals, flats, and boots
- Mid-length or maxi dresses, to be worn with an open-front cardigan or cropped moto jacket in the fall
- Lightweight shirts in neutral colors, to be worn alone in the summer and with a sweater in the fall
- Cardigans in neutral colors and a statement mid-weight jacket for layering
- Fun, lightweight scarves
For men, these staples include:
- Classic black and other neutral-colored trousers
- Dark-wash, well-fitted jeans
- Button-up shirts in both neutral colors and fun patterns (think plaid, which is always trending)
- Neutral colored, high-quality t-shirts
- A comfortable blazer
- A neutral v-neck sweater
- A pair of brown shoes and a pair of black shoes
Conquer Fall Fashion
Now, with a custom-built closet and a few style staples, you’ll be ready to take on fall fashion in no time.
Tell us your secrets to staying organized and transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall!