Here’s Why a Good Mattress Can Improve Your Health
A good night’s sleep can do wonders for your overall health, but did you know that choosing the right mattress is a key factor for a high-quality slumber? You won’t be well-rested if you’re tossing and turning all night to get comfortable. How can you feel well when you wake up sore, stiff, and sleep-deprived?
Health Benefits of Having a Good Mattress
When you sleep, your body uses that time to recover and refresh itself. Without the right amount of shuteye, your body misses out on that crucial opportunity. To get a better sleep, there are many features of a mattress that can help improve your comfort, such as temperature control, adjustability, firmness levels, pressure sensors, foam, and springs.
On average, mattresses last 7-10 years. As they age, they wear down and no longer provide the support your body needs.
Here’s what you stand to gain with the right mattress:
- Better sleep. A supportive mattress evenly distributes your weight and prevents pressure points that cause aches and pains. It cradles you and supports the curves of your spine, regardless of the position you sleep in.
- Better posture. With proper support, you can avoid the sagging or dipping, which can cause your back to be unsupported and misaligned.
- Reduced back pain. When your spine is supported correctly, you avoid muscle strain.
- Weight control. Lack of sleep can negatively impact your body’s ability to lose weight.
- Reduced stress. Your body and mind get the rest they need, which can reduce overall stress.
- Lower blood pressure. Not getting enough sleep can elevate blood pressure.
- Improved circulation. Lack of sleep increases inflammation, which can negatively impact circulation.
- Better airflow. As the mattress materials wear down, they can trap heat and reduce air circulation around your body.
If you’re ready for a new mattress, visit Sleep Experts at one of their 33 Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex locations. They are a multi-year Consumers’ Choice Award winner for customer service excellence due to the exceptional service they provide to their customers. Sleep Experts make finding the right mattress easy with their exclusive Expert Match Diagnostic Test. They can help you find your new bed for a new you!