So last year, you had that cute, snuggly baby in your arms, who wasn’t interested in much other than a bottle and a clean diaper. Therefore, Christmas shopping was pretty much a breeze. Now that baby is an energy-packed toddler. Toys actually can mean something this year. However, most of the commercials seem to be advertising the new Furby doll, the latest video games, and all the other “big kid” toys and gadgets. And this leaves you wondering what on earth will your little one want and actually play with? Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or friend, there’s nothing like seeing those wee hands exploring the gift you bought. So since your toddler probably can’t tell you what it is he wants, here are the top five toddler gifts of 2012, according to Parenting Magazine.
1. Let’s Rock Elmo Elmo’s been a classic for some time now. But now he jams with the best of them with his own microphone, tambourine, and drum set that he “magically” recognizes and interacts with. Rock on!
2. Anamalz These wild, wooden animals have a retro feel with a modern twist. They are available in farm, jungle, and prehistoric sets, and also come with a cloth mat to use for a landscape. You don’t need all the bells and whistles to impress your little wild thing!
3. Twist and Drill Set This tool set made by Alex Toys is perfect for your little handyman. With a real battery-operated drill, and four cars to put together (with spinning wheels) this is sure to keep little brains and hands busy.
4. Rock Star Mickey Like to rock out but prefer Mickey over Elmo? Here he is, ready to rock it out! Mickey sings 3 songs and even dances along and adds his “Mouska-split” while playing guitar with his nose. That’s about as rock star as you can get.
5. Peg and Layer Jungle Also made by Alex Toys, your animal lover will stay busy building all sorts of possible jungle scenes out of soft foam shapes. Monkeys, flowers, and trees are all included to stack and build away!
Christmas shopping for any child can be a bit overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Hopefully this list got you going in the right direction so you can get that perfect gift for your toddler. Now you can make your purchase, stop worrying, and sit back and wait for the excitement of Christmas day.