7 Tell-Tale Signs That You Need a New Roof
A healthy and well-functioning roof can last up to 25 years and is essential to the safety and value of your home. Because they are subjected to the elements day after day, year after year, they experience wear and tear, as well as possible damage. Sometimes if the damage or problem is minor, a repair will suffice. However, if you are seeing any of the following signs, it’s a good indication your roof will most likely need replacing.
- Sunlight peeking through. A good place to start is by taking a quick climb up into your attic. Can you see daylight shining through any openings in the roof? If so, don’t wait until later. If light can get through so can water, which can lead to mold and further home damage.
- Asphalt shingles curling at edges. If your shingles are showing signs of curling at the corners, some causes could be excessive moisture, poor attic ventilation, damage from the sun’s harsh UV rays, or even defective shingles.
- Your roof is sagging. This can be caused by water damage from rain, as well as excessive weight from ice and snow.
- Broken or missing shingles. If the shingles aren’t there, they aren’t protecting your home from the elements. Take a look after a storm, as strong winds or hail can cause shingles to loosen, tear off, or crack.
- Age. Roofs generally can last up to 20-25 years (with proper attention & maintenance) before needing to be replaced.
- You have leaks coming from your roof. It goes without saying that water leaking from your roof into your attic and home will cause damage and needs to be addressed right away.
- Shingle debris or granules in your gutters. That means the protective coating is wearing off of the shingles, resulting in your roof being more susceptible to damage from the elements.
If you found yourself answering yes to one or more of the above-listed signs, don’t put off having your roof professionally inspected. Prompt attention can help prevent further damage and costly repairs.
For professional roofing services, Able Roof offers free, no-obligation inspections and estimates. They have been in business for over 30 years and are a 2000-2020 multi-year Consumers’ Choice award winner due to the excellent service and care they provide to the residents of Columbus, Ohio.
Not only do they repair and install roofs, but they also offer the following services to meet the needs of homeowners:
If you are a homeowner in the Central Ohio area, contact Able Roof for your free estimate. Their friendly and knowledgeable staff will evaluate your roof and let you know if repairs can fix the issue or if you need a full roof replacement. If it’s a replacement you need, they can install your new roof in one day! Visit their website at https://www.ableroof.com/