11-Step HVAC Spring Cleaning To-Do List (Infographic)
Spring is upon us which means it’s time for spring cleaning! It’s a good idea to make a to-do list for your spring cleaning. Don’t forget to add these HVAC items to your list!
- Get Your A/C Maintenanced. A quick tune-up of your HVAC equipment after a long winter is highly recommended. Have an HVAC technician check up on your A/C to make sure it’s ready to run properly when summer rolls around.
- Replace Air Filters. Don’t forget to replace your air filters! They can get really dirty after continuous use during the winter.
- Dry Dehumidifier. Before you start using it full-time again, remove the housing and let your dehumidifier dry out completely.
- Check Batteries in CO Detector. You should replace the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector twice a year. Spring is a good time to change the batteries while it’s fresh on your mind.
- Caulk Windows & Doors. The best time to caulk is in the fall and spring because the wood in your home is in the middle of the expansion and contraction that occurs during summer and winter.
- Clean Air Ducts. Dirt, dust, and allergens can build up in your air ducts over the winter. Get your air ducts cleaned to keep the air quality in your home healthy.
- Maintain Gutters. Clean debris out from your gutters, and make sure the down-spouts are attached properly and directed away from your home.
- Clean Outdoor A/C Coils. As part of your HVAC checkup, ask a technician if your air conditioner’s condenser coil needs to be cleaned.
- Clean Ceiling Fans. Clean the dust off your ceiling fans so the particles don’t get moved around the house when you turn it on during the spring or summer.
- Clean Register Grills. This is another way to keep the air in your home clean. Clean the registers so that dust and allergens don’t spread throughout your home.
- Clear Area around A/C. Clear away any debris that may have accumulated around your air conditioner during the winter.