11 Helpful Tips for Finding the Right Real Estate Agent
Finding the right real estate agent is key to navigating the home buying/selling process without drowning in information overload. You’ll be interacting with your agent frequently, so it’s essential to find someone you are comfortable with and who you feel you can depend on for guidance.
How to Find Your Match
Don’t just hire the first real estate agent you speak with. Interview several agents and review their responses to find your match.
Here’s a list of tips and questions to ask:
- Ask your network. Friends, coworkers, and family members are great resources because they can share their experiences. Would they use the same agent in the future?
- Check out the agent’s website. How are their listings presented? Do the homes match your style and price range?
- How long have they been a real estate agent? An experienced agent knows what to expect during the process and has handled a wide variety of scenarios.
- Can they provide client feedback? Do they have testimonials on their website from previous clients? Check their ratings on review sites as well.
- Will they be the one helping you, or will another member of their team be your point of contact?
- Ask them why they’re the best fit for you. How do they stand out in the sea of real estate agents in the area?
- What will their marketing approach be for your home?
- How many clients do they currently have, and how did they find them? Referrals are a good sign, as it means the agent provided excellent service to their clients.
- Are they familiar with the area you are moving to? You want someone familiar with the trends, property values, crime rates, school districts, and the surrounding community.
- Is this their full-time or part-time job? They must be available to respond promptly to your questions and not delayed due to juggling other job responsibilities.
- What will the buying/selling process look like with them?
Whether you’re buying or selling a home, you need the right real estate agency in your corner. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties has been a proud Consumers’ Choice Atlanta award winner every year since 2013. They are a leader in the real estate industry with the resources and expertise to assist you every step of the way. You can reach them at 770-992-4100.