10 Ways to Prepare for a New Job Search in 2022
With employers struggling to fill openings and a trend towards higher pay, 2022 places job seekers in a favorable position. Companies are striving to be more flexible, offering incentives to attract employees, which makes it a great time to search for a new job.
Be Prepared With These Job Search Tips
To avoid wasting valuable time and facing unnecessary overwhelm, get prepared with the following steps:
- Create or update your resume. Adjust it for each new position you apply for by including keywords and desired skills listed in the job description.
- Use online job boards/platforms. Search for new jobs in your field and set up alerts to be notified when they become available.
- Prepare for interviews. Although many interviews are now done online, they are still interviews. Research the company you’ve applied to, prepare some questions to ask them and practice answering common interview questions.
- Stay current. Learn or brush up on skills that will help you get the jobs you want. With the shift to working from home, you may need to learn a variety of software programs.
- Follow up. Whether by email or paper, thank you notes show your interest which can help you stand out from the crowd.
- Get social. Social media sites can be a great resource for openings that aren’t posted on a job board.
- Determine what is important to you. Do you want to work from home, or do you need that in-person interaction? Is salary the most important factor, or does flexibility matter more?
- Go directly to the source. Visit company websites, review their openings, and apply directly with them. If you solely depend on job boards, you could miss out on opportunities that may be a great match for you.
- Use a staffing agency. They can help you find jobs that match your qualifications, saving you time and trouble. They represent a wide range of companies and thus have access to a multitude of job openings.
- Take proper care of yourself. Job hunting can be challenging and may take longer than anticipated. Take breaks, clear your mind, stay hydrated, and get enough sleep.
Stay positive–you’ve got this!
Simplify your job search with Acloche. They are a multi-year Consumers’ Choice award winner and provide staffing services in Columbus and Central Ohio. They can help sift through the clutter and find an opening that matches your skills and needs. Visit their website or contact them at 888-608-0889 to get started.