10 Fun Ways to Celebrate Independence Day
The Fourth of July is right around the corner, so how will you celebrate Independence Day 2016? Here are 10 fun ways to display your patriotic pride:
- Pop some popcorn and watch the musical 1776 about the signing of the Declaration of Independence. You can learn about our nation’s history in a whole new way.
- Whip up some red, white and blue patriotic popsicles to cool you down on the hot 4th.
- Get crafty and tie-dye an American Flag t-shirt for a one-of-a-kind look.
- Look up the lyrics to “The Star-Spangled Banner” and read each stanza out loud with your family and friends. Talk about what the Revolutionary War was like from the perspective of Francis Scott Key, who penned the famous poem.
- Make a patriotic American Flag cake for your holiday get-together without heating up the kitchen with this classic no-bake recipe.
- Fireworks not allowed in your area? No problem! You can still make some noise with some homemade Patriotic Party Poppers.
- To help kids gain a better understanding of the American Revolution, watch a copy of Walt Disney’s 1957 classic film, Johnny Tremain.
- Quench your 4th of July thirst with this tasty — and impressive — Independence Punch.
- Looking for a quick and easy way to decorate for the 4th? This cute Americana Rag Wreath uses up leftover scrap fabric and is easy enough that kids can help.
- Learn about the American Flag’s colorful history and how Betsy Ross schooled George Washington on how to make a perfect 5-pointed star.
Whether you plan to celebrate Independence Day with family and friends by grilling out, watching fireworks, swimming or just enjoying the day off, have a safe Fourth of July and be proud of our “land of the free and home of the brave”!